Daily transportation for tens of thousands of Hong Kong citizens back in the early 20th century, the Sampan is now more of a rare sight, and has been forsaken by most, in favour of something more efficient and modern.
Nonetheless, no other maritime vessel in the historical arsenal represents Hong Kong better. unassuming, practical and durable.
This 4 colour silk screen print, based off on an old stamp from the 1960's, is hand made by two brothers in Chai Wan. Printed colour by colour.
- 70 x 50cm
- Fits IKEA frames perfectly
- Silk Screen printed by hand
- Made in Hong Kong
- Printed on Acid Free Museum Grade stock
- 242g Japanese recycled paper
- Fade resistant archival printing paint